Enquire About This Tour Code SRJ Jewels of Sri Lanka
Duration: 15 Days Route: Negombo to Negombo Style: Adventure Tours Price: US$1,299.00
Explore Sri Lanka’s land of hidden temples and caves, sacred Buddhist sites and Hindu shrines. Venture into the British tea plantations, nature reserves and botanical gardens of the hill country. Visit ancient royal capitals, enjoy the urban buzz of leafy Kandy, and trek in the sweeping Horton Plains to see giant Buddha statues, before taking a beach break. There’s no doubt you’ll enjoy Sri Lanka’s rich cultural heritage and tranquillity during this eclectic tour.
30 of the best bargain adventures in 2013 chosen by The Guardian newspaper.
Outline ItinerarySee Detailed Itinerary
- Day 1 to 1 Arrive Negombo
- Day 2 to 5 Anuradhapura – Polonnaruwa – Sigiriya
- Day 6 to 10 Kandy – Kitulgala – Nuwaraeliva
- Day 11 to 13 Yala NP – Unawatuna
- Day 14 to 14 Negombo
- Day 15 to 15 Depart Negombo
- Accommodation: 14 night(s) in hotel(s), hostel(s) & guesthouse(s), 1 night(s) camping
- Meals: 14 breakfast(s), 1 dinner(s)
- Excursions: Negombo city tour/fish market, Aukana buddha, Elephant ride, Polonnaruwa ruins, Sigiriya Rock Fortress, Dambulla Caves, Evening Puja at Temple of the Tooth, Kandy city tour, Horton Plains NP, Ella and Ravana waterfalls, Game drive at Yala NP, Elephant transit home, Colombo city tour
- Transport: Public Bus, Private Vehicle
- Age: 18-60, max. 70 (recommended)
- Group: Average 8-12
- Staff: local guides
International flights and departure taxes
Domestic flight taxes if applicable
Tips on included excursions, visas, travel insurance, personal items and single rooms.
Airport transfers and pre and post tour accommodation
Spending money – budget for meals, snacks, drinks, limited souvenirs, laundry, tips and any extras
Optional excursions - Please see our optional excursions guide on the dossier page for a comprehensive list of optional activities and excursions available on this tour.